The Dumper is a relatively basic, common machine, which is dependent upon the operator for correct and safe operation. It is imperative for the operator to learn, understand and utilise the basic skills of checking and operating the machine. The assessment enables the operator to prepare, maintain and operate a dumper safely.
Categories: WHEELED – TRACKED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the dumper for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches or over edges.
- Place the dumper in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.