The Dump Truck is a relatively basic, common machine which is dependent upon the operator for correct/safe operation. It is often used in an area where there are other plant/people, so there is no room for errors.
Categories: ARTICULATED CHASSIS – RIGID CHASSIS – UP TO 15 TONNE – UP TO 50 TONNE – ALL SIZES WHEELED & TRACKED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the Dump Truck for site and road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in a confined area in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Position the Dump Truck to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over ledges.
- Place the Dump Truck in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter