The 180° excavator is one of the most versatile and common excavator machine, but is totally dependant upon the operator for correct operation. It is usually performing an important major operation so there is no room for errors.
Categories: CRAWLER – WHEELED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the excavator for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level differing types of materials (Excavators over 5 Tonne – using a multi-purpose front bucket).
- Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the excavator in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.