ABOVE 10 TONNE
The 360° above is a large, complicated and expensive machine, which is dependent upon the operator for correct operation. It is usually performing an important major operation so there is no room for errors.
BELOW 10 TONNE
The 360° mini excavator is a complicated and expensive machine, which is dependent upon the operator for efficient operation. It is usually performing an important major operation so there is no room for errors.
Categories: WHEELED – TRACKED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the excavator for site travel.
- Travel the machine over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground and substantial inclines.
- Manoeuvre the excavator in confined areas.
- Set the machine to excavate.
- Excavate below ground level on a variety of excavations in different ground types.
- Place spoil into various sizes of vehicles/hoppers.
- Grade, spread and level different types of terrain.
- Remove and re-attach buckets.
- Place the machine in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.