This assessment is aimed at personnel required to operate a Lorry Loader / Knuckle Boom Crane. In fact any occupation where people are required to operate mounted hydraulic cranes to manoeuvre loads whether alone or with a banksman.
Categories: HOOK – CLAMSHELL BUCKET – HYDRAULIC CLAMP
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, i.e. duties charts and applicable legislation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks of the carrier vehicle, lifting appliance and relevant attachments.
- Explain the Safe Working Loads and Duties Chart for the loader.
- Configure the Lorry Loader and carrier vehicle for site and road travel.
- Manoeuvre the carrier vehicle into position in order to carry out the lifting of various loads.
- Set up carrier vehicle to carry out lifts from minimum to maximum radius.
- Use the correct attachment for the lifting of various loads.
- Lift and place loads at varying radii.
- Load a vehicle in accordance with industry practices.
- Secure various loads on the vehicle bed in accordance with industry practices.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the loader and carrier vehicle in an out-of service condition.