This assessment is aimed at personnel required to work at height on a working platform. They may be involved with Agriculture, Arboriculture, Forestry, Civil engineering and other associated industries. In fact any occupation where people require to work at height on a working platform, albeit to perform an operation, clean or inspect any aspect of work.
Categories: SCISSOR, BOOM – VEHICLE MOUNTED, BOOM – SELF PROPELLED
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information sources i.e. duties charts and applicable legislation.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Explain all displayed information on the machine.
- Carry out all pre-start and running checks.
- Carry out emergency lowering procedures.
- Operate controls from ground level, and from within the working platform.
- Manoeuvre/travel the MEWP involving tight turns and limited access.
- Travel the MEWP with the platform in a raised position (self propelled only)
- Position the platform up to maximum working height.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.