This assessment gives operators the basic principles of Lift Trucks enabling them to realise the possible hazards due to location, surface conditions, instability, the machine in use, the loads moved and gives experience in difficult working situations.
Categories: INDUSTRIAL TELESCOPIC – UP TO 9 METRES – ALL SIZES EXCLUDING 360° SLEW – ALL SIZES INCLUDING 360° SLEW
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, i.e. Load Charts, and applicable regulations.
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the Tele Handler for site and road travel.
- Travel the machine over varying types of terrain, including undulating ground and substantial inclines, with and without loads.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas.
- Set the Telescopic Handler in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the Telescopic Handler.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Place and return loads accurately.
- Place and retrieve loads from a vehicle bed or trailer.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the Forklift in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedure on and off a transporter.